Dark days ahead for Delhi as power supply goes downAugust 20th, 2008 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 20 (IANS) The national capital that is reeling under power shortage may face an acute problem in the next few months as Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) is not supplying power as promised to the city, a minister said Wednesday.In the weekly review meeting Wednesday, Delhi Power Minister A.K. Walia expressed concern over non-availability of power from DVC, which may lead to an acute problem in the next few months.
“There was an agreement with DVC for supply of 400 MW power to Delhi but later it agreed to supply 150 MW power as a few of its units were not functional. But the supply promised was not delivered to the capital,” a Delhi government spokesperson said.
Walia will now meet the union power minister and tell him about Delhi’s problem.
“He would stress on the need of supply of promised power from the DVC,” said the spokesperson while adding that the power demand is expected to go up during winter.
The power minister also instructed distribution companies to get ready to meet growing power demand and exhorted them to intensify their programme relating to promotion of CFL bulbs.
- Jharkhand plans to give rural families power-saver CFLs - Jul 25, 2011
- Delhi to arrange for extra electricity from Damodar Valley Corp. - May 19, 2011
- Jharkhand appoints consultant for Rs.1,500 crore transmission line - Feb 01, 2012
- Karnataka mulls mandatory use of CFL bulbs - Feb 28, 2011
- Dikshit meets Shinde on Delhi power crisis - Oct 15, 2011
- LED bulbs to sell cheap in Delhi (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- 47 degrees, and without power, Jharkhand roasting - Apr 21, 2010
- Delhi offers concession on LED bulbs - Jul 20, 2012
- Power crisis will ease, Andhra CM assures industry - Jul 19, 2012
- Pay part dues, apex court tells Delhi's power firms (Lead) - Oct 20, 2011
- DVC officers' forum alleges vilification campaign - Dec 30, 2009
- Jharkhand assures water supply for DVC power plants - Mar 07, 2010
- Campaign to promote fluorescent lamps - Jul 07, 2011
- Karunanidhi orders flying squads to detect power thefts - Oct 05, 2010
- Summer multiplies woes of power-starved Bihar - May 11, 2012