Daredevilry at Rajpath: 35 men on one bike! (Lead)January 26th, 2011 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 26 (IANS) The Dare Devils of the army revved up their bikes at the Republic Day parade Wednesday and showed why they had five world records to their credit. Their stunning stunts included a 35-man human pyramid on a single motorcycle!Over 100 Indian Army signalmen displayed breathtaking daredevilry on their well-tuned motorcycles at the Rajpath boulevard, raising the adrenaline flow of spectators, who couldn’t stop themselves from shouting with enthusiasm.
Many held their breath as 35 of the men from the Corps of Signals formed a human pyramid on a single motorcycle - one of them carrying the national flag. The crowds spontaneously saluted the men!
People craned their necks to see Captain Ankur Deewan, who led the team, standing on a running motorcycle for more than half a kilometre.
As an announcement was heard asking people not to imitate the act as the Delhi traffic cops would levy a fine, the crowd burst into laughter. Delhi policemen men in the security wing also smiled.
The team is 45 years old. With five world records to their credit and six in the Limca Book of Records, the team has performed over 1,200 displays since 1965.
Among the first stunts to be showcased by the team, dressed in white and astride Enfield Bullet bikes, was the “Rocket” formation which saw four signalmen on two motorcycles in a breathtaking display.
There was complete silence when 22 daredevils in lotus structure rode on two bikes.
It was daredevilry at its best.
- Army's Dare Devils display spell-binding two-wheeler stunts - Jan 26, 2011
- Army personnel in Bangalore set record of carrying 48 persons on one bike - Nov 01, 2010
- Fast but not so furious - 'Bikernis' hit road (Feature, With Images) - Oct 20, 2011
- BSF adjudged best Republic Day parade paramilitary contingent - Jan 29, 2012
- Indian culture, military might unfold at R'Day (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2011
- Aerobatic stunts, flying thrills mark AeroIndia finale - Feb 13, 2011
- 'Himalayan Odyssey' bike rally kicks off from New Delhi - Jun 19, 2010
- Royal Enfield launches two leisure bikes - Sep 29, 2011
- High-speed crash kills three bikers in UP - Jul 18, 2012
- F1 driver Ricciardo enthralls fans in the capital - Oct 01, 2011
- Mumbai's Dahi Handi stakes run high, pyramids higher - Aug 22, 2011
- Gul Panag ties the knot, baraat vrooms on Enfield bikes - Mar 13, 2011
- Royal Enfield thumps in with new Thunderbird - Jan 05, 2012
- 'Worth a lifetime,' say R-Day spectators - Jan 26, 2011
- Indian army kicks off motorbike expedition to pay homage to World War II martyrs - Aug 20, 2010
Tags: 45 years, adrenaline flow, ankur, bullet bikes, daredevils, deewan, enfield bullet, human pyramid, indian army, kilometre, limca book of records, national flag, ncb, New Delhi, policemen, republic day, security wing, spectators, stunts, traffic cops