‘Dare devil’ gang of robbers nabbed in GhaziabadFebruary 24th, 2009 - 10:28 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 24 (IANS) Eight members of a notorious gang of robbers have been arrested in Ghaziabad, the police said Tuesday.
The men were arrested Monday night for executing several “dare devil” robberies in Ghaziabad, Noida and surrounding areas.
They are residents of Modi Nagar in Ghaziabad. Four other members of the gang are on the run, the Ghaziabad police said.
The eight were arrested Monday night near Atma Steels factory in the Bulandshahr Road Industrial Area while they were trying to loot a factory. The police recovered a revolver, two country-made pistols and four knives from the gang members.
The gang members had committed a robbery in K.N. Modi Complex in Modi Nagar and looted 100 mobiles from a shop on Oct 14, 2008. They had also committed other robberies. On Nov 15, they allegedly kidnapped a security guard from a Vaishali apartment, took him to Pilakhuwa and slashed his throat, the police said.
Before committing a robbery, the gang members would disguise themselves as workers and seek employment in the factory or house they intended to rob. They would work as painter, artisan or gardener and collect information about the particular house, who all are there in the family, the time when most of the members remain away from the house and also the time when the women folk remain all alone at home. They would then strike at an opportune time, the city superintendent of police said.
Of the arrested eight men, gang leader Jugnu had worked as a gardener in a park next to the house of Nazima Parveen in the Hydel Colony of Kavi Nagar. Parveen foiled a robbery attempt at her house on Feb 20. Jugnu’s wife also stayed in the servant’s quarters of the same colony for a few years.
Similarly, another gang member, Ashok, worked as an artisan in a house in Niwari, which they robbed later.
Ashok’s brother Raj Kumar was killed in a shootout with the police four years ago. His uncle also died in the same manner in Haryana earlier. Ashok was said to have fled from a jail in Haryana some time back.
The police said the men would be tried under the Gangster Act.
- Robbers loot over Rs.4 lakhs in Ghaziabad - Jun 07, 2010
- Bagladeshi robbers' gang busted - Feb 08, 2012
- Dacoit gang busted, five arrested - Feb 21, 2011
- Five robbers held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Five robbers arrested - Sep 24, 2011
- Man involved in murder, robbery arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- British mission staffer's son, 6 others held for robbery - Jan 22, 2011
- Gang of robbers busted in Delhi - May 22, 2010
- 5 Bangladeshi robbers nabbed in Delhi - Mar 10, 2011
- Seven held for thefts in Delhi buses - Feb 03, 2011
- Two men killed by sons in Ghaziabad - Jun 23, 2011
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Chhattisgarh's bank loot mastermind arrested - May 18, 2011