Daniel Craig to play villain in ‘Tintin’ movieJanuary 31st, 2009 - 1:50 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 31 (IANS) “James Bond” actor Daniel Craig will play Red Rackham and English actor Jamie Bell the young reporter Tintin in a largely British cast in an animated film version of one of the “Tintin” adventures.Bell, who shot to fame as a teenage ballet dancer in “Billy Elliot”, will take the lead in “The Adventures Of Tintin: Secret Of The Unicorn”, directed by Steven Spielberg, reports mirror.co.uk.
The 22-year-old will provide the voice and motion for the Belgian reporter in the movie, which will use 3D motion-capture technology to create a realistic look.
Craig, who featured alongside Bell in the recent Second World War drama “Defiance”, will play Red Rackham, one of the villains in the adventure, which is due for release in 2011.
- Daniel Craig, Jamie Bell team up for new Tintin film - Feb 04, 2009
- 'The Adventures of Tintin' - a Spiel-bugging experiment (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ** 1/2) - Nov 10, 2011
- The Adventures Of Tintin is back - Jan 29, 2009
- Peter Jackson co-directs new Tintin via internet! - Oct 25, 2009
- Tintin to speak in Jamie Bells voice in Spielberg flick - Jan 28, 2009
- 'The Adventures of Tintin' wins Golden Globe for best animated film - Jan 16, 2012
- China launches new version of Tintin adventures - Jan 21, 2010
- 'The Artist' bags maximum Golden Globe gongs (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2012
- Steven Spielberg to debut in Comic-Con event - Jul 15, 2011
- 'Tintin' earns Rs.7.35 crore, highest Spielberg grosser in India - Nov 14, 2011
- Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell in 'Snow Piercer' - Jan 19, 2012
- Steven Spielberg to helm first Tintin flick - Aug 28, 2008
- Is Jamie Bell the next Spider-Man? - Jun 09, 2010
- Ellen Page might play the lead in 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' - Jul 23, 2010
- Lucknow, poetry, gripping fiction on bookshelf (IANS Books This Week) - Nov 03, 2011