Dalit woman kills herself, two daughtersJune 17th, 2009 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 17 (IANS) Deserted by her husband after her protracted illness, a Dalit woman set ablaze herself and her two minor daughters in an Uttar Pradesh village, police said Wednesday.
Reeta, 30, poured kerosene on herself and her two daughters, aged two and six, police inspector Chand Hussain told IANS.
The incident took place late Tuesday at Naseeruddin village of Azamgarh district, about 300-km from Lucknow.
Reeta was suffering from renal failure from the last several months and her husband left her when he came to know about her illness, Hussain said.
Police said according to locals, Rita had told her neighbours two days ago that she would kill herself and her two daughters as she was very upset over her chronic illness.
Rita worked as a daily wage labourer and lived in the village with her two daughters.
- Plagued by ill health, woman kills self - Jan 06, 2011
- Woman sets herself on fire in Delhi - Apr 30, 2012
- Girl tries to end life after MMS blackmail - Apr 26, 2011
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Man kills self, family in Bihar - Aug 22, 2011
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Woman sets herself, daughters ablaze - Mar 28, 2010
- Man arrested for setting wife afire - Jan 22, 2012
- 'Superstitious' woman burns herself, two daughters alive - Oct 05, 2011
- Women critically injured after immolation attempt - Mar 20, 2011
- Woman accidentally burns self after fight with husband - Jan 08, 2011
- Indian woman kills herself in Nepal - Jul 27, 2011
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Woman kills herself, two kids - Oct 16, 2010
- Dalit girl killed for protesting harassment (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011