Dalit teenager gang-raped in RajasthanJuly 2nd, 2012 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
Bharatpur, July 2 (IANS) Four youths gang raped a 16-year-old Dalit girl in Rajasthan’s Bharatpur town Monday, police said, adding one of them has been arrested.
The girl was allegedly raped in a room inside the compound of a cremation centre in the town, some 180 km from Jaipur, they added.
“She was on her way to market from her house when 22-year old Amit Kumar offered her a lift on his bike. The girl knew him, so she accepted the offer. However, he took her into a a room situated inside the compound of cremation centre on the pretext of finishing some work there before dropping her at her destination,” a police officer told IANS.
He added that three other youths were already in a room there. “They allegedly raped her one by one and then escaped. We have arrested Amit Kumar, while three others are still at large,” said the officer.
The girl reached home and told her family members about the rape. They immediately approached Kotwali police station lodged a first information report (FIR). The officer said that a medical examination of the girl has been conducted.
- Four-year-old raped by elderly man - Dec 12, 2011
- Teenaged rape victim dies after immolating herself - Feb 07, 2011
- Haryana university student alleges gang-rape - May 18, 2012
- Yoga teacher arrested for misbehaving with Spanish tourist - Dec 23, 2011
- One held for raping minor - Jan 21, 2011
- Two held for gang-raping minor - Dec 07, 2011
- Youth arrested for blackmail, rape in Ajmer - Aug 19, 2012
- Jaipur auto driver arrested for rape - Jul 13, 2012
- Boy arrested for raping six-month-old child - Jun 10, 2011
- Class 11 girl raped, three nabbed - Feb 07, 2011
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Student gangraped in moving car in Ghaziabad, 3 arrested (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Rajasthan student commits suicide after harassment - Apr 20, 2012
- Four arrested for raping minor girl - Feb 27, 2012
- 13-year-old Delhi girl rescued from human traffickers - Sep 05, 2012