Dalit girl pushed into burning garbage heapApril 30th, 2008 - 5:26 pm ICT by admin
Lucknow, April 30 (IANS) A six-year-old Dalit girl was in a serious condition in Uttar Pradesh after an eight-year-old boy pushed her into a burning heap of garbage in Mathura district. With over 50 percent burn injuries, the girl, daughter of Saudan Jatav in Chhata village of the district, was battling for life in a hospital. The boy belongs to the high-caste Thakur community.
“It appears to be a case of a prank that may have turned serious,” a police officer told IANS, adding it might be incidental that the girl belonged to a lower caste.
The incident occurred when Kamlesh was playing outside her house and ran towards Sunny Thakur. His father had set the garbage on fire.
With her mother chasing her, Sunny caught her and flung the girl into the fire, a police spokesperson told IANS Wednesday.
The father and son have been arrested and booked for attempt to murder under Section 307 of the Indian Penal Code.
- Boy elopes with girl, khap orders attack on kin - Aug 23, 2011
- 6-year-old Dalit girl burnt by upper caste man in Uttar Pradesh village - May 01, 2008
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Girl elopes, father and brother commit suicide - Nov 26, 2011
- Two kids killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- 24 students injured in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
- Girl thrown off roof, another killed for 'honour' (Lead) - May 09, 2010
- Stillborn found near rail tracks - Nov 01, 2011
- Blast kills eight-year-old in Manipur - Mar 15, 2012
- Probe ordered after tricolour found on garbage heap - Nov 17, 2011
- Inter-caste romance sparks fury, man kills sister - Mar 10, 2011
- Dolly Bindra in 'Adalat' (TV Snippets) - Dec 28, 2011
- Man killed after being hit by train - Jun 12, 2012
- Chinese boy stands trial for setting girl on fire - Apr 23, 2012
- Honour killing: Two killed, another struggling for life - May 09, 2010