Dalit beaten to death on suspicion of theftOctober 24th, 2008 - 3:43 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 24 (IANS) A Dalit man was beaten to death by two brothers in Uttar Pradesh on the suspicion of being a thief, police said Friday.Ram Dulare allegedly died at the hands of Virendra and Arvind Yadav in Baburai village of Barabanki district, nearly 25 km from Lucknow.
“Suspecting Ram Dulare of being a thief who was stealing wheat from their stock, the two brothers tied him up and hit him repeatedly with iron rods and wooden sticks,” Deputy Superintendent of Police B.D. Katheria told IANS over telephone.
Although Dulare succumbed to his injuries Thursday evening, “we came to know about the incident late night when locals approached us,” he added.
A case has been registered against Virendra and Arvind Yadav, who are absconding, police claimed.
According to police, for the last three days, a good amount of wheat had been stolen from the stock of the two brothers. The brothers camped all night near a trolley that had their wheat.
Early Thursday morning, they noticed Dulare near their trolley. Suspecting his involvement in the theft, the duo caught him and beat him till he died, police said.
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Child dies after vaccination, doctors face action - Jul 22, 2011
- Serial shopping trolley thief finally caught - Dec 02, 2011
- Youth lynched for murdering shopkeeper - Jun 22, 2010
- Four Maoists surrender in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 22, 2011
- Childless couple commits suicide - Apr 14, 2011
- Kin of deceased man vandalise Noida government hospital - Mar 21, 2012
- Villagers lynch criminal - Nov 09, 2010
- Lucknow family holds thief captive for two days - Nov 05, 2010
- Six killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 10, 2011
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- BSF trooper kills father, brother in UP - Jul 06, 2012
- Four devotees die in Uttar Pradesh accident - Apr 06, 2011
- Five killed in accident, driver commits suicide - May 20, 2010
- 19 get life term for killing two brothers - Jun 16, 2010