Dalit beaten to death in Uttar PradeshJune 16th, 2009 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 16 (IANS) A 48-year-old Dalit labourer in Uttar Pradesh was beaten to death by a group of villagers after he asked for his remuneration, the police said Tuesday.
A murder case has been registered against five men in the Dariapur village in Hardoi district, where Chetram was beaten to death Monday late evening.
“Chetram used to work in the fields of Nanhe Yadav, who did not give him his daily wages for the last one month,” police inspector Kamlesh Kumar told IANS over the telephone from Hardoi.
When Chetram insisted that he be paid his pending wages and refused to go home after work, Yadav along with his four friends started beating him with wooden sticks, following which Chetram succumbed to the injuries, he added.
Though the police have arrested the prime accused in the case, the other four allegedly involved in the killing are missing. “We managed to nab Yadav this morning, but his aides are absconding. We are carrying out raids in different localities of the village, to nab the four men,” said Kumar.
Hardoi is about 110 km from Lucknow.
- Villagers lynch criminal - Nov 09, 2010
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Labourer's hand chopped for not settling Rs.600 debt - Feb 08, 2010
- Teenager set on fire for resisting rape, dies - Mar 28, 2011
- Student beaten to death over love affair - Jul 17, 2010
- 85-year-old raped in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2010
- Six cops get life term for custodial deaths in Maharashtra - Jul 06, 2012
- Parents beat teenaged daughter to death for love affair - Jun 08, 2010
- Dailt teenagers accused of theft tied with ropes, dragged - Jun 07, 2010
- Three awarded death penalty for killing five of family - Feb 12, 2011
- Official's car runs over three people - Nov 21, 2011
- Dalit woman gang raped, beaten to death - May 29, 2009
- Three die in Uttar Pradesh gas leak, factory owner booked (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- SP leader shot dead in Uttar Pardesh - Sep 14, 2010
- Policeman kills vendor for demanding money - May 30, 2012