Dalai Lama must show sincerity for talks: ChinaApril 17th, 2008 - 8:51 pm ICT by admin
Beijing, April 17 (Xinhua) China said Thursday it was willing to talk to the Dalai Lama if he takes concrete steps to prove his sincerity in negotiations. “The door is open for dialogue between the Central Government and Dalai on condition that he shows sincerity for talks through concrete action,” foreign ministry spokesperson Jiang Yu said.
Jiang told reporters the government has shown great sincerity and patience for establishing contacts and open talks with the Dalai Lama, who has never given positive and comprehensive response.
“We have repeated that as long as Dalai gives up activities of separating the motherland, disrupting the Beijing Olympic Games and inciting violent sabotage, we are willing to continue contacts and talks with him,” said Jiang.
- China to talk with Dalai's representatives today - May 04, 2008
- Dalai Lama has thrown a gauntlet to Beijing (Comment) - Mar 13, 2011
- We have proof of Dalai Lama's involvement in Lhasa riots: Chinese minister - Oct 29, 2009
- Dalai Lama playing 'tricks' with resignation as Tibetan political leader: China - Mar 10, 2011
- China to Dalai Lama's envoys: Sovereignty of Tibet is non-negotiable - Feb 01, 2010
- China, US to hold human rights talks in May - Apr 27, 2010
- Tibet government head rules out talks with `exile government' - May 19, 2011
- Resume talks, Tibetan exiles urge China - Apr 30, 2012
- Tibetan meet aims to break deadlock with China - Oct 07, 2011
- China against Dalai Lama's global activities - Jan 18, 2012
- China backs six-party talks following S. Korea's indication to ease peninsula tensions - Dec 31, 2010
- China urges resolving Iran nuclear issue through diplomacy - Oct 29, 2011
- Efforts on to restart talks with China: Tibetan PM-in-exile - Oct 12, 2011
- China doubts Dalai Lama's retirement - Mar 10, 2011
- Tibetan PM completes one year in office - Aug 07, 2012