Dalai Lama in Mumbai hospital, check-up FridayAugust 28th, 2008 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 28 (IANS) The Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here Thursday afternoon following pain in the stomach, a hospital spokesman said.”He was brought here following ‘abdominal discomforts’ and has been admitted,” said spokesman Mohan Rajan.
The Dalai Lama will remain under the care of Narendra Trivedi, vice-president of the hospital. His medical examinations will start Friday, Rajan told IANS.
He assured that there was absolutely “no cause for concern” in the matter of the Dalai Lama’s health. The duration of his stay in the hospital would be decided after the outcome of the medical examinations.
In view of the scheduled check-ups, the Nobel laureate has cancelled all his programmes including visits to Mexico and the Dominican Republic, an aide told IANS in Dharamsala Himachal Pradesh.
Earlier in the day, the Dalai Lama was flown from Dharamsala to Chandigarh in a chartered flight. From there he boarded a scheduled Kingfisher flight to reach Mumbai in the afternoon.
Earlier this month, he had come for a check-up at the same hospital before leaving for a 12-day religious tour of France.
- Dalai Lama in Delhi for eye check-up (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Dalai Lama again heads to Delhi for medical examination - Oct 06, 2008
- Dalai Lama in Delhi hospital after abdominal pain - Oct 10, 2008
- Dalai Lama operated upon to remove gallbladder stones (Lead) - Oct 10, 2008
- Dalai Lama is fine, needs rest and treatment: doctors - Aug 29, 2008
- Bal Thackeray hospitalised - Jul 24, 2012
- Dalai Lama operated upon to remove gallstones (Second Lead) - Oct 10, 2008
- Dalai Lama operated upon to remove gallstones (Third lead) - Oct 10, 2008
- Dalai Lama heads to Delhi for medical examination - Jan 19, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray admitted to Lilavati after chest pain - Jul 16, 2012
- Dalai Lama stable, to be discharged soon - Oct 11, 2008
- Dalai Lama's 74th birthday celebrated in Dharamsala - Jul 06, 2009
- Gadkari visits Bal Thackeray in hospital - Jul 26, 2012
- Celebrations planned for Dalai Lama's 74th birthday - Jul 04, 2009
- Dalai Lama in New Delhi for medical check-up - Oct 07, 2008