Dalai Lama arrives in DharamsalaSeptember 9th, 2008 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
Dharamsala, Sep 9 (IANS) The Dalai Lama, the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader, Tuesday reached his residence in this Himachal Pradesh hill town from Delhi, where he spent a few days after undergoing a series of medical tests at Mumbai’s Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, his aide said.”He (the Dalai Lama) reached his official palace Tuesday evening after spending 11 days in Delhi and Mumbai,” Thubten Samphel, a spokesperson for the Tibetan government-in-exile, told IANS.
“The spiritual guru is in excellent health… no need to worry…will be back to routine affairs in a few days,” Samphel said.
He said the Nobel Peace laureate had no plans to visit the US, where his eldest brother Taktser Rinpoche died Sep 5 but clarified that the decision had nothing to do with his leader’s ill health.
Meanwhile, thousands of Tibetans and their supporters gathered here since morning to welcome the Dalai Lama.
The Dalai Lama, 73, reached Mumbai Aug 28 and was admitted to Lilavati Hospital after he complained of “abdominal discomfort”. He left the hospital Sep 1.
The Dalai Lama has lived in India since fleeing his homeland in 1959. His government-in-exile, which is not recognised by any country, is based here.
- Dalai Lama in Delhi for eye check-up (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Dalai Lama heads to Delhi for medical examination - Jan 19, 2012
- Exiles celebrate Dalai Lama's birthday (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- On Dalai Lama's birthday, prayers for his long life - Jul 06, 2011
- Dalai Lama will live to be 113 - Jul 06, 2011
- Dalai Lama's 77th birthday celebrated in Dharamsala - Jul 06, 2012
- Reincarnation is my personal right: Dalai Lama - Sep 23, 2011
- Tibetan meet aims to break deadlock with China - Oct 07, 2011
- Lobsang Sangay is Kalon Tripa, to carry on Tibetan legacy (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Tibetans hail Dalai Lama-Obama meet - Jul 17, 2011
- Mahatma's grandson to attend Dalai Lama's birthday bash - Jul 04, 2011
- Dalai Lama's message read in Tibetan parliament-in-exile - Mar 14, 2011
- Prayers, sapling plantations mark Dalai Lama's birthday - Jul 06, 2011
- Tibetans thrilled over new prime minister - Aug 07, 2011
- Dalai Lama reverses 350-year-old tradition - May 30, 2011