Dada not playing, fans disappointedMay 9th, 2011 - 12:32 am ICT by IANS
Mohali, May 8 (IANS) Fans of former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly were disappointed as the stylish cricketer was not part of the Pune Warriors playing eleven in their Indian Premier League (IPL) match against Kings XI Punjab here Sunday.
Ganguly, who is also popularly known as ‘Dada’, made a dramatic comeback in the fourth season of the IPL this week after he was signed by Pune Warriors India in place of an injured fast bowler Ashish Nehra.
However, he did not play in the match against Kings XI Punjab here at Punjab Cricket association (PCA) stadium Sunday.
“Ganguly wants to prepare well before playing any of the IPL matches. He is working very hard in the nets,” said Pune Warriors India caption Yuvraj Singh explained before the start of the match.
“He has practiced very intensely on yesterday. I have not seen him practicing so hard even for the Test match before this,” he added.
Ganguly, who had led Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan-owned Kolkata Knight Riders during the last IPL season, was given a cold shoulder during this year’s players auctions.
“I am very disappointed that Ganguly is not playing. I had come to the stadium just to see his batting,” Prashant Jha, an ardent fan of Ganguly, told IANS.
Bhumika, another fan of Dada, said, “Though Ganguly is not playing today but we want to wish him luck for the rest of the IPL matches. We want him to hit as many sixes as he can to ensure Pune’s win in the next matches.”
- Fans expect Ganguly to sparkle for Pune Warriors - May 08, 2011
- It was payback time for me to Sourav: Yuvraj - Jun 22, 2011
- Gilchrist expects good show from Kings XI against Super Kings - Apr 12, 2011
- Kings XI Punjab taste first win in IPL-V (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Toughest day of my cricketing career: Ganguly - May 10, 2011
- Gilchrist lauds team effort for Kings XI's first win - Apr 13, 2012
- Shah Rukh tries to put an end to comparison with Ganguly - May 15, 2012
- Changing bowling style was the key: Dinda - Mar 06, 2012
- IPL all but over for 'rested' Ganguly - May 11, 2012
- Ganguly defends Samuels' bowling action - Apr 16, 2012
- Super Kings to start IPL title defence against Mumbai Indians - Jan 06, 2012
- Pune Warriors retain Ganguly for 2012 IPL - Jan 21, 2012
- Daredevils hope to extend their winning streak against Warriors - Apr 20, 2012
- Beleaguered RCB hopes to bounce back - Apr 17, 2012
- Sourav Ganguly watches IPL match at Eden - May 01, 2011
Tags: ardent fan, auctions, caption, cold shoulder, cricketer, dramatic comeback, India, indian skipper, ipl, knight riders, nehra, pca stadium, prashant, premier league, punjab cricket association, shahrukh khan, sixes, test match, warriors, yuvraj singh