Dad doesn’t want to return to films: TussharMarch 30th, 2012 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 30 (IANS) Actor Tusshar Kapoor is keen to work with his father, yesteryears star Jeetendra, but says his dad is not interested in making a comeback in films.
“People keep asking me when will we see you on screen with your father? But he (Jeetendra) should be interested in it. I think he is not interested in getting back to the films. He is enjoying his business and now he thinks like a business man. I don’t think my dad wants to comeback in films,” Tusshar told IANS.
Tusshar’s sister Ektar wrote a new success story both as a television producer and as a filmmaker and today she is a name to reckon with in the Hindi film industry, but he couldn’t be as lucky as his sibling.
The 35-year-old has been part of the showbzi for more than a decade and gave couple of hits, but claims he is a very strong person.
“I am a strong person. My friend’s call me very strong may because I am a Scorpion. I am thankful to Ram Gopal Varma and Rajkumar Santoshi for offering me ‘Khakhee’ and ‘Gayab’ as those films changed perception about me at a when most of my romantic films were not working. They supported me without even asking for their support.”
The actor now seems to be in a comfortable space post delivering “Shor In The City”, “The Dirty Picture”, “Golmaal” among others.
“I am happy but not satisfied. Best is yet to come. I am happy about the fact that I have worked with Mila Luthria, Samir Karnik, and some other talented directors,” he said.
- I've made mistakes, but satisfied overall: Tusshar Kapoor - Mar 08, 2012
- Ekta is all about passion, hard work: Jeetendra - Feb 15, 2012
- Want to do dad's 'Caravan' or 'Farz': Tusshar - Jun 28, 2012
- Ekta all about passion, hard work: Jeetendra (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Tusshar takes Ekta's criticism positively - Jan 28, 2012
- Tusshar imitates dad's dance steps in 'Chaar Din...' - Feb 17, 2012
- I'm sad if a good film flops: Tusshar Kapoor - Jul 21, 2012
- I auditioned for Oscar-nominated Roland Joffe: Tusshar Kapoor - May 08, 2011
- Never felt absence of dialogues in 'Golmaal': Tusshar Kapoor (Interview) - Oct 20, 2010
- '...Wasseypur' my first film for masses: Kashyap (Movie Snippets) - May 20, 2012
- 'Shor In The City', outstanding ode to city of dreams Mumbai (IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating ****) - May 01, 2011
- Tusshar Kapoor dresses like Johnny Depp - Aug 20, 2011
- Vidya happy with the response to 'The Dirty Picture' - Dec 03, 2011
- Ajay Devgn my lucky charm: Tusshar Kapoor - Feb 29, 2012
- Ajay Devgn ready for 'Jumping Jack' makeover - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: business man, dad, decade, filmmaker, Golmaal, hindi film industry, jeetendra, karnik, mumbai, perception, romantic films, santoshi, scorpion, shor, sibling, success story, talented directors, television producer, tusshar kapoor