Dacoits loot Rs.800,000 worth jewellery from Greater Noida houseFebruary 28th, 2009 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Feb 28 (IANS) About 15 armed robbers looted jewellery worth Rs.800,000 from a businessman’s house in Greater Noida, the police said.
The pistol-brandishing robbers barged into the house, and thrashed an employee who was alone in the house Friday morning.
Arun Tikku, 36, was at his factory Nestel Bathtubs and his wife Bhawna, a teacher, had gone to her school.
Tikku had asked a junior employee of his factory to be at his home, since there was nobody in the house.
Tikku told the police that the assailants posed like courier boys and finding the employee alone, thrashed him.
They broke open cupboards and decamped with jewellery worth about Rs.800,000, and some cash.
Surendra Verma, superintendent of police, said a case of dacoity and assault has been registered.
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Servant loots former employer's house - May 04, 2011
- Noida house burgled, lakhs missing - Jul 13, 2011
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
- Rs.15 lakh robbed from Noida home - Apr 14, 2012
- Three held for robbery in capital - Feb 09, 2011
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Ghaziabad trader robbed at gunpoint - Aug 20, 2009
- Congress leader's Noida house robbed - Mar 25, 2009
- Noida court to hear Bhatta Parsaul women's complaints - Dec 03, 2011
- Domestic help held for robbing employer - Mar 11, 2011
- 20 of family kept hostage as robbers ransack home - Jul 16, 2010
- Four locked flats robbed in Delhi - Jan 17, 2011
- Jewellery shop looted in Ghaziabad - Feb 07, 2012
- Robbers overpower elderly couple; loot cash, jewellery - Jun 17, 2009