Dacoits kill 4 of family in Uttar PradeshOctober 25th, 2008 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 25 (IANS) A jeweller and three of his family members were murdered by dacoits in the Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh, the police said Saturday. “In order to loot jewellery and other valuables, a group of dacoits attacked the family late Friday night in Sonya village in Jalaun district,” Pramod Kumar, district police chief, told IANS.
“Injuries inflicted by iron rods and wooden sticks suggest that that dacoits of Bawaria gang are behind the killing,” Kumar said.
A search operation has been launched to nab the dacoits, the police added.
Jalaun is about 200 km from Lucknow.
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Four of a family killed near Agra - May 24, 2011
- Dacoits loot Ghaziabad doctor's house - Dec 14, 2010
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- Villagers lynch criminal - Nov 09, 2010
- Four criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 25, 2012
- Undertrial commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh prison - Sep 20, 2011
- Three brothers sentenced to life for murder - Mar 30, 2011
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 08, 2010
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 18, 2010
- Chambal dacoit shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 16, 2011
- Four policemen injured in mob attack - Apr 12, 2011
- Bangladeshi bandit killed in Tripura - Mar 29, 2012