Dacoit gunned down by police in Madhya PradeshMarch 3rd, 2009 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 3 (IANS) A dacoit carrying a reward of Rs.10,000 for his capture was killed in a shoot-out early morning in Madhya Pradesh’s Datia district, police said Tuesday.
A police party, on a tip off, surrounded the jungles of Tharet on the borders of the district and asked the dacoits, who were four in number, to surrender.
However, the dacoits opened fire at the police party which retaliated, killing Mohan Singh Rawat on the spot. The other three managed to flee taking advantage of the darkness, Datia sub divisional police officer Prafulla Dwivedi told IANS over phone.
“Rawat and his accomplices were mainly active in Datia, Shivpuri and Gwalior districts of the state for the past one year or so ever since the big dacoit gangs like Thokia and Dadua gang were eliminated in various police encounters. He carried a reward of Rs.10,000 on his head and was wanted in several cases of loot and murder,” he added.
The police recovered a rifle, several cartridges and foodstuff from the site.
- Four bandits gunned down in Madhya Pradesh - Aug 22, 2010
- Cops gun down gangster in Lucknow - Feb 10, 2011
- Dreaded Chambal dacoit killed in shootout - Mar 05, 2012
- Dacoit killed in gunbattle in Madhya Pradesh - Nov 03, 2009
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Police gun down gangster - Oct 25, 2011
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- Chambal dacoit shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 16, 2011
- Tamil Nadu businessman released, police unsure about another - Jan 15, 2011
- Gang responsible for several murders busted - Jan 25, 2011
- Prime witness to Madhya Pradesh massacre murdered - Jul 19, 2009
- Gangster carrying Rs.1 lakh reward killed - Oct 28, 2011
- Dreaded bandit killed in gunbattle with police - Aug 04, 2008
- Wanted gangster killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 31, 2011
- Gangster, two aides shot dead - May 22, 2010