Dabur to set up second unit in Himachal PradeshDecember 25th, 2008 - 4:01 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 25 (IANS) Dabur India Ltd, with business interest in healthcare, personal care and food products, has got the green signal from the Himachal Pradesh government to set up another medicine manufacturing unit in the state, a senior official said here Thursday.”The state government gave Dabur the permission to set up one more manufacturing unit in the state. It will invest Rs.130 crore (Rs.1.3 billion),” industries director Manoj Kumar told IANS.
Kumar said the unit would be set up in the Baddi industrial area in Solan district, where Dabur’s first manufacturing unit is located.
The single window clearance and monitoring authority Wednesday cleared four investment proposals worth Rs.177.62 crore (Rs.1.77 billion), which included Dabur’s second plant in Baddi.
As per the company’s proposal, Dabur will set up an allopathy and ayurvedic medicine manufacturing unit.
“Dabur will provide direct employment to more than 400 people,” Kumar said.
Since the announcement of the special industrial package in January 2003 by the then Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led National Democratic Alliance government at the centre, the state has attracted investment worth Rs.356.77 billion (Rs.35,667 crore) through 11,404 industrial units.
The present Bharatiya Janata Party government in the state is attempting to get the special package extended to 2013; the current industrial package will expire in 2010.
- L'Oreal to set up Rs.400 crore plant in Himachal - Jul 11, 2012
- Vardhman to set up another facility in Himachal - Sep 10, 2011
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- Nestle to invest Rs.250 crore in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 27, 2009
- Excise duty exemption for Himachal industry extended - Dec 25, 2010
- Himachal Pradesh clears nine industrial proposals - Jun 02, 2009
- Himachal sanctions Rs.20 crore for Solan industrial belt - Jun 12, 2011
- Rajasthan offers sops to industrial units - Jun 13, 2012
- Himachal clears six industrial proposals - Aug 09, 2010
- Himachal invites industrial investments for new estate - Jan 29, 2012
- Himachal develops new industrial estate in Baddi - Nov 07, 2010
- Made in India, faked in China -- $5-bn loss - Jan 01, 2012
- Nestle plans to invest Rs.400 crore in Himachal - Apr 10, 2009
- Indorama to invest Rs.1,000 crore in Himachal project - Apr 03, 2012
- Ranbaxy to set up third unit in Himachal Pradesh - Jul 27, 2009