D. Subba Rao to be next Reserve Bank GovernorSeptember 1st, 2008 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) The government Monday appointed Finance Secretary D. Subba Rao as the next Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), replacing Y.V. Venugopal Reddy.Reddy, due to step down this week, became the RBI Governor in July 2003, succeeding Bimal Jalan.
“D. Subbarao, who is currently the finance secretary, will take over on September 5 and his tenure will be for the next three years,” Finance Minister P. Chidambaram announced Monday evening.
An alumnus of IIT Kanpur and a 1972 batch officer of the Indian Administrative Service, Subbarao was secretary to Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory council.
RBI Deputy Governor Rakesh Mohan was in the race for this post.
- Duvvuri Subbarao next Reserve Bank Governor (Lead) - Sep 01, 2008
- Finance Secretary Duvvuri Subbarao next Reserve Bank Governor (Second lead) - Sep 01, 2008
- D. Subbarao to become next RBI Governor - Sep 01, 2008
- CBI will study Swamy's documents on Chidambaram, court told (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- Eight IIM-B graduates awarded gold medals - Mar 30, 2012
- Jamia head appointed to RBI board - Sep 26, 2011
- RBI governor meets Mukherjee ahead of policy review - Apr 03, 2012
- Sibal rules out rollback of common IIT test - Jun 12, 2012
- RBI to launch schemes for raising credit flow to northeast - May 20, 2011
- Reserve Bank of India Governor D.Subbarao gets two-year extension - Aug 09, 2011
- Finance minister discusses meltdown, agenda for global meet (Lead) - Oct 29, 2008
- Still 'chasing the monsoon' to lift India's fortune - Jul 02, 2012
- Rs.17,000 crore released into banking system; retail interest rates expected to fall (Roundup) - Sep 17, 2012
- Measures to improve market conditions Monday: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Rupee gains for second day as RBI intervenes - May 25, 2012