Cypriot businessman killed in Mumbai attacksNovember 28th, 2008 - 7:52 am ICT by IANS
Nicosia (Cyprus), Nov 28 (Xinhua) A Cypriot businessman was killed in the terror attacks in India’s commercial capital Mumbai, the country’s foreign ministry has said.Andreas Liveras, 73, who holds a dual Cyprus-British citizenship, had immigrated to Britain in 1963. He had set up a yacht business in Monaco.
His brother Theophanis told the Cyprus media that Liveras was in Mumbai to attend a cruise-liners’ exhibition. The terrorists had abducted him from a dining restaurant in a hotel before he was shot dead.
The Cypriot government has expressed its support to the Indian government in the fight against terrorism, the statement said Thursday.
- Brit yachting tycoons called BBC before being killed - Nov 28, 2008
- Goa businessmen look to Australia for tourism development - Aug 24, 2012
- Rihanna, Brown enjoy dinner date? - Jul 28, 2012
- Heroic rescue act in Iraq begets award for Goan - Mar 27, 2011
- Russia's richest tycoon names $100 mn Yacht after mother - Jun 01, 2012
- Goa to attract ocean cruise liners - Apr 05, 2012
- Indian among three jailed for stealing ex-president's corpse - May 17, 2011
- APOEL Nicosia make Champions League breakthrough - Dec 02, 2011
- APOEL make Champions League history beating Lyon - Mar 08, 2012
- Cruise's crazy demand - Sep 06, 2012
- Killed Brit tycoons family says he was in the wrong place at the wrong time - Nov 30, 2008
- UAE, Cyprus sign deal on visa exemption - Jul 28, 2010
- Monaco promotes itself as destination for upper middle-class India - Nov 24, 2010
- This British mogul cannot read! - Jun 04, 2011
- Thieves demanded ransom for former president's body - Mar 10, 2010