Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in DelhiMay 27th, 2012 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) A 75-year-old labourer riding a cycle was killed Sunday and six others were injured after a speeding Delhi Transport Corporation bus hit them in west Delhi, police said. The bus driver was arrested.
Kapil Dev Sharma, a resident of Uttam Nagar, was killed in the accident that took place around 9.30 a.m. in the Vikaspuri area.
The DTC bus, plying on route number 835 between Jaffarpur Kalan and Tilak Nagar, was heading towards west Delhi’s Tilak Nagar at the time of the incident.
The injured included another cyclist and people travelling on two cycle-rickshaws. They were identified as Jagdish Sharma, Dileep, Naveen, Nitin, Naresh and Sheela.
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- DTC bus kills cyclist (Second Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- Strike takes autos off Delhi roads, commuters hit - Feb 28, 2012
- Metro hikes parking fees from Sep 8 - Sep 01, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Aug 08, 2012
- Strike takes autos off Delhi roads, commuters hit (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- MCD opposition leader asks for separate cycle-rickshaw tracks - Feb 17, 2010
- Engineer held for killing colleague - Jul 11, 2012
- Six held for snatchings - Jan 08, 2011
- Man held for around 50 robberies - Sep 17, 2011
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Delhi government quizzed on road lanes for cycle-rickshaws - Aug 18, 2010
- Road rage: BJP councillor beaten up - Nov 07, 2011