Cyber gang busted, Rs.5.5 mn seizedOctober 22nd, 2008 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Oct 22 (IANS) Five men who siphoned off Rs.16.6 million from an industrialist’s bank account in this Delhi suburb through internet banking were arrested and Rs.5.5 million was seized from them, a police official said Wednesday.Pawan Kumar Agrawal, owner of M/s PPS International, lodged a complaint with the police Oct 11.
He said that a sum of Rs.16,652,500 had been taken out from his company’s account being operated at sector-27 branch of Punjab National Bank.
He said that the theft took place while he was out of the country for 15 days. The money was siphoned off through about a dozen transactions from his account.
After returning from abroad, he was shocked to see his account statement which showed that a huge sum of money was missing.
R.K. Chaturvedi, senior superintendent of police, Noida, said that they tracked the men involved in the crime to Goa, Pune and Mumbai.
The arrested men include Savio Dairoch Lobo, Mitul Trivedi, Bharat Bhai Patel, Udai Kapadia and Yogi Anjani Bhandar.
Lobo is a resident of Goa, Trivedi hails from Pune while the remaining three are from Mumbai.
The gang leader is yet to be arrested, said Chaturvedi.
- One more arrested for hacking Noida industrialist's bank account - Oct 24, 2008
- Bank asked to seize Metallica concert organisers' account - Oct 30, 2011
- Two youth held for ATM theft - Mar 06, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Gurgaon Police summons Puri's parents for interrogation - Jan 04, 2011
- Two sisters arrested for defrauding Kolkata bank - Jul 01, 2012
- Cartoonist Aseem Trivedi gets bail, refuses freedom till charge dropped (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Citibank fraud: Gurgaon Police registers FIR against Citi Group CEO Pandit - Jan 04, 2011
- Petition filed against Anna Hazare's trusts - May 07, 2011
- Four Odisha officials held in rural job scheme fraud - Aug 10, 2012
- Three held for stealing money from IIT accounts - Nov 15, 2011
- Couple working in bank arrested for cheating - Aug 30, 2010
- Cartoonist Trivedi gets bail, refuses to be freed till charges dropped (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Arnab, Clifford ruled out from AFC Challenge Cup - Mar 02, 2012
- Three held for cheating, launching fake companies - Oct 21, 2011
- Rs.16 crore credit card racket busted in Bangalore - Oct 28, 2011