CWG village flats: Pay dues to DDA, court tells Emaar MGFMarch 19th, 2012 - 11:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday directed Emaar MGF, which has built the flats in the Commonwealth Games (CWG) Village, to pay over Rs.16 crore dues to Delhi Development Authority (DDA) so that the land owning agency would issue completion certificates for the flats.
Justice Hima Kohli also asked the agency to issue power of attorney to the Emaar MGF after getting dues so that the possession of the flats could be given to the owners.
The counsel appearing for DDA Monday told the court that it has been issued completion certificates for 26 towers and for remaining four towers (13, 17, 31 and 36) it would issue the certificates after clearance of its dues.
DDA was earlier directed by the court to expedite the process of issuing completion certificates to 30 of the total 34 towers of the CWG village.
The court had earlier noted that DDA was discriminating in issuing certificates to the flats and choosing towers arbitrarily for itself, it also directed the agency to keep four towers - 5 and 15 (Emaar MGF share) and 26 and 29 (DDA’s own share) out of total 34 towers to allot them to flat buyers in case some flats were demolished due to violation of building bylaws.
The court’s order came on a plea of CWG Flat Allottees Association seeking a direction to the DDA to issue completion certificates for more than 400 flats so that the private builder could hand over the possession to them.
The association said: “The DDA is in possession of the entire project comprising 1,168 flats in 34 towers, of which 711 are unencumbered flats and no party has any right on them.”
“The allottees are at a loss in the fight between the developer and the agency and that instead of issuing the completion certificate to the project developer, the agency had arbitrarily sealed the flats only in two towers,” said the petition filed by the CWG Allottees Welfare Association.
- 'Expedite issue of completion certificates' - Feb 24, 2012
- CWG village: DDA says builder can allot flats - Apr 19, 2012
- De-seal flats in Games Village, court tells DDA (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- Shock for CWG flat owners: Emaar-MGF owes government Rs.314 crore - Mar 13, 2012
- No proposal to allot CWG flats to VIPs: DDA - Dec 06, 2010
- Jaipal defends DDA's bailout package for Emaar MGF - Oct 21, 2010
- DDA taking over 700 Games Village flats (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Games village flats will be auctioned: DDA - Oct 30, 2010
- Emaar-MGF's Rs.183-cr bank guarantee confiscated - Oct 20, 2010
- Year on, filthy CWG flats lie unoccupied - Sep 28, 2011
- Emaar-MGF moves court against DDA on bank guarantee - Oct 25, 2010
- Kalmadi blames builder and contractor for Village mess - Sep 30, 2010
- Auditor talks of Delhi governor's role in CWG work - Aug 06, 2011
- Irregularities in awarding CWG Village work to Emaar: CAG - Aug 05, 2011
- CBI to file supplementary chargesheet in Emaar case - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,