CWG scam: Decision on Reddy’s bail plea Feb 16February 15th, 2012 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court hearing a corruption case of the 2010 Commonwealth Games (CWG) Wednesday listed for Thursday its order on bail plea of accused, A.K. Reddy of Hyderabad-based A.K.R. Constructions.
Special Judge Talwant Singh had reserved his order Feb 13 to be pronounced Wednesday but then listed it now Thursday.
Beside Reddy, the court will also pronounced its order on A.K. Madan and P.D. Arya, promoters of Gem International, and still lodged in Tihar jail as they have not got bail on separate charges of being proclaimed offenders.
All were arrested for alleged irregularities in awarding a Rs.141 crore contract for timing, scoring and result (TSR) equipment for the Games held in New Delhi.
CWG Organising Committee’s former chief Suresh Kalmadi and eight other officials accused in the case have been released on bail.
The officials and two companies were charged under various sections of the Indian Penal Code for cheating, criminal conspiracy and forgery and under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
- CWG scam: Decision on bail plea of two accused Feb 15 (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- CWG graft case: Two accused granted bail (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- CWG scam: Three more granted bail (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- CWG scam: Private firm promoter surrenders - Aug 20, 2011
- CWG scam: Kalmadi's bail plea rejected (Second Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- CBI charges Kalmadi, eight others in CWG case (Third Lead) - May 20, 2011
- CWG scam: CBI orders attaching properties of absconders - Aug 03, 2011
- CWG timing system contract case trial to start June 6 - May 25, 2011
- CBI files chargesheet against Kalmadi, eight others (Second Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Court reserves order on CWG accused's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Judicial custody of Kalmadi, other CWG scam accused extended - Jul 14, 2011
- CWG graft case: Court notice to CBI on Reddy's bail plea - Feb 29, 2012
- CBI names Kalmadi prime accused in CWG chargesheet (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- CWG graft: High Court notice to CWG accused - May 04, 2012
- CWG trial set to begin Tuesday (Lead) - May 23, 2011
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, arya, bail plea, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, constructions, corruption case, criminal conspiracy, crore, cwg, forgery, indian penal code, irregularities, madan, New Delhi, organising committee, prevention of corruption act, proclaimed offenders, promoters, special judge