CWG scam: CBI books eight CPWD officials, two firms (Lead)August 9th, 2011 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Tuesday registered a case against eight Central Public Works Department (CPWD) officials and two private firms for irregularities in awarding tender for renovation of a pool complex for the Commonwealth Games 2010, an official said.
The CBI also conducted raids at 16 places in Delhi, Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh and Jaipur in Rajasthan, which the agency said yielded incriminating documents.
The two private firms are Ahluwalia Contracts (India) Limited and a joint venture between Consulting Engineering Service and German firm Schlaich Bergernann.
“The accused persons conspired with the private parties and artificially jacked up prices so as to justify the award of work to these firms,” said a CBI official.
“The accused helped facilitate award of tender of upgradation and renovation of Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Swimming Pool Complex to the said private firms at exorbitant rate of Rs.229 crore,” the official added.
The accused have been booked for criminal conspiracy and criminal misconduct under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
They have been identified as S.S. Mondal, the then CWG manager of CPWD, superintendent engineer Rajendra Kalla, executive engineers Manu Mittal and Pradeep Gupta, assistant engineers A.K. Arora, Manish Kumar Rawat and Som Dutt, and junior engineer Sanjeev Kumar.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- CWG scam: CBI books eight CPWD officials - Aug 09, 2011
- CBI registers three new cases in CWG scam - Mar 10, 2011
- CWG scam: CBI raids 20 locations (Second lead) - May 02, 2012
- CAG slams planning and execution of work at CWG stadia - Aug 05, 2011
- CWG street-lighting scam: Charges framed against seven - Mar 12, 2012
- CWG scam: CBI raids premises of DDA, CPWD officials - Apr 05, 2011
- CBI files case against former oil regulator (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Case against BSNL, private firm officials for illegal deal - Feb 26, 2012
- 3 MCD officials get bail in CWG graft case - May 31, 2012
- Contractor denies wrongdoing in swimming pool construction - Oct 19, 2010
- Court imposes Rs.5 crore penalty for cheating - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI files graft case against BEML chairman, consultant (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Case against two MCD officials - Feb 28, 2012
- CBI busts BRO scam, books top officials (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- CWG graft cases: CBI files charges against six - Aug 22, 2012