CWG: Rs.10 lakh reward for archery team gold winner DeepikaOctober 10th, 2010 - 2:07 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 10 (IANS) Jharkhand lass Deepika Kumari, a member of the Indian women’s archery team that won a gold at the Commonwealth Games, is richer by Rs.10 lakh, with state Chief Minister Arjun Munda Sunday announcing a reward for her efforts.
“We feel proud of Deepika’s achievement and she will be rewarded Rs.10 lakh for winning gold in the Games,” said Munda.
On Sunday morning, the sun again shone on Deepika when she stuck gold in the women’s recurve archery individual event at the Games.
Twenty-eight athletes from Jharkhand are participating in the mega sporting event.
- Jharkhand CM announces one million reward for gold medallist archer Deepika Kumari - Oct 10, 2010
- Jharkhand to felicitate CWG medalists - Oct 15, 2010
- Gold winner Deepika was always on target - with mangoes! - Oct 10, 2010
- Jharkhand government felicitates CWG archers, ignores hockey player - Oct 20, 2010
- Will give cash award to Papa, says ace archer Deepika - Oct 11, 2010
- Tata Steel felicitates archers, Deepika gets Rs.10 lakh - Oct 18, 2010
- From mangoes to archery gold, Deepika Kumari is on target (Lead) - Oct 10, 2010
- Glittering ceremony rings curtain down on National Games - Feb 26, 2011
- CWG archery: Rahul wins gold, Talukdar bronze in men's recurve - Oct 10, 2010
- CWG Archery: Deepika wins gold, Dola picks up bronze - Oct 10, 2010
- Best-ever Games tally makes for India's euphoric Sunday (Intro Night Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- CWG: Archer Rahul Banerjee wins 27th gold for India - Oct 10, 2010
- Archery gold medallist seeks land for a house - Oct 19, 2010
- Indian archers will target Olympic berth at World meet - Jun 30, 2011
- CWG: Archer Deepika Kumari wins 25th gold for India - Oct 10, 2010