CWG graft cases: CBI files charges against sixAugust 22nd, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 22 (IANS) The CBI has filed a charge sheet against six accused in two graft cases related to the Queen’s Baton Relay ceremony in London ahead of the 2010 Commonwealth Games (CWG) in New Delhi, an officer said Wednesday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) named in the charge sheet three joint directors belonging to the organising committee of the CWG — Sanjay Mohindroo, T.S. Darbari and M. Jayachandran — one director of a London-based transport firm, Ashish Patel, and his two private firms AM car & Van Hire and AM Films.
The charge sheet filed last week said that “in order to justify the allotment of the work to Ashish Patel’s company, the accused officials prepared various forged documents”.
The probe agency said that these officials did not follow the standard tendering process and instead favoured Patel’s company. All the accused are at present out on bail.
“The accused officials prepared fake notes on the proceedings and placed forged e-mail in support of the proposal for engagement of the London-based transport firm,” said the officer.
“They acted dishonestly and fraudulently to justify allotment of work related to first aid, additional barriers, mobile temporary toilets, power generations to the London-based transport firm at exorbitant rates,” said the officer.
- CWG graft: Court takes cognizance of CBI charge sheet - Aug 27, 2012
- Jayachandran gets bail in CWG scam case - Jan 19, 2011
- CWG scam: Bail for Darbari, hearing on Jayachandran's plea Monday (Night Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- After Darbari, another Kalmadi aide gets bail in CWG scam case (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- CWG scam: Former officials remanded to three-days CBI custody - Nov 22, 2010
- CWG scam: Delhi court dismisses bail plea of Darbari, Jayachandran - Dec 10, 2010
- Kalmadi quizzed again, aides face more charges (Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- CWG scam: Darbari, Mahendroo sent to six-days CBI custody - Nov 16, 2010
- CWG scam: Darbari, Mahendroo to be produced in Court today - Nov 22, 2010
- CWG scam: CBI arrests Darbari, Mahendroo - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, allotment, ashish patel, car amp, cbi, central bureau of investigation, cwg, e mail, exorbitant rates, first aid, generations, New Delhi, organising committee, private firms, proceedings, proposal, sanjay, tendering process, toilets, transport firm