CVC has received 20,000 complaints so farJuly 10th, 2012 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 10 (IANS) The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has received 20,000 complaints so far and taken up 1,000 for investigation, while 20,000 people have received punishment for corruption-related offences, a top official said here Tuesday.
Revealing this at an event here, Vigilance Commissioner R. Srikumar said that the CVC’s ‘VIG EYE’ - a citizen-centric initiative - has also helped in tackling corruption in a big way.
Addressing a “Face to Face with the government” as part of the FICCI Ladies Organisation or FLO event, Srikumar said people could SMS or email any complaint of graft against any government official to the number - 922317440.
He said the CVC was trying to acquire a simpler number that the public would find easier to remember.
“Any audio, video, or even hand written evidence, of demand for bribe can be sent to VIG EYE, and the date and time of complaint as well as the location will get automatically uploaded,” he said
He said there were some “glitches” still with the site that were being worked out, like making it accessible to BlackBerry users and also making it compliant with Android software.
“You can also do a sting and upload it on the site,” Srikumar added.
“Citizens should act to fight corruption for a better future,” he added.
- CVC launches website to fight corruption - Dec 09, 2010
- Central Vigilance Commission to evolve more preventive vigilance regime - Dec 09, 2010
- CVCs anti-graft portal proves a big hit - Jan 19, 2011
- Weekend passport melas in 7 cities (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Passport offices to remain open this weekend - Jun 22, 2012
- A software to monitor projects - Feb 21, 2012
- Vigilance panel's anti-graft portal is a hit - Dec 28, 2010
- Now hotline to complain against corrupt officials - Dec 03, 2010
- UK iPhone users look rich but usually have an overdrawn bank account - Apr 04, 2011
- Anti-corruption helpline buzzes with complaints - Oct 27, 2010