Customs officials seize large drug consignmentFebruary 22nd, 2008 - 2:39 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, Feb 22 (IANS) Customs officials in Dubai have seized a large shipment of narcotic substances into the United Arab Emirates (UAE) at Dubai International Airport, WAM news agency reported Friday. The drugs - pills of narcotic substance Keptagon - were hidden in a building material shipment from an Arab country. The drugs were packed in 17 large sacks.
The 230,000 pills weighing approximately 40 kg were discovered by the Port Authority’s trained dogs and confiscated by Dubai Customs.
“Had the criminals been able to smuggle this quantity and distribute it throughout the country, our children would have been in real danger,” said Mahbub Ahmad Misbah, executive director, land and airports at Dubai Customs.
- 26 kg narcotics seized in Dubai - Jan 30, 2012
- Drug smuggling bid foiled in Dubai - Jan 14, 2012
- 500,000 Captagon tablets seized in Dubai - Aug 07, 2012
- Three kg hashish seized in UAE - Apr 14, 2011
- Dubai customs foil attempt to smuggle drugs - Jan 11, 2011
- Bid to smuggle narcotics tablets foiled in Dubai - Dec 15, 2011
- Contraband in X-mass cards seized in Dubai - Dec 26, 2010
- Bid to smuggle 17 kg crystal meth foiled in Dubai - Dec 21, 2011
- Smuggling bid foiled in Dubai - Dec 23, 2009
- Dubai Customs foils bid to smuggle heroin - Aug 09, 2012
- UAE police seize 1.5 mn pills - Nov 08, 2009
- 3.5 kg heroin seized in UAE - Aug 23, 2010
- UAE launches website on aviation security - Nov 18, 2011
- Man held with drugs at Dubai airport - Nov 24, 2011
- Nine kg of opium seized in Dubai - Feb 03, 2011