Custody of nine Malegaon blast accused extended to Jan 6December 29th, 2008 - 5:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 29 (IANS) A Mumbai court Monday extended the judicial custody of nine accused in the Malegaon bomb blast case till Jan 6 and handed over the custody of Samir Kulkarni, an accused, to the Madhya Pradesh police in connection with a case of communal violence there.The holiday magistrate for the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) granted the Jabalpur police Kulkarni’s transit remand to produce him before a court there.
The magistrate also extended the judicial custody of nine others. They are Sadhvi Pragnya Singh Thakur, suspended army officer Lt. Col. Prasad S. Purohit, ex-armyman Ramesh Upadhyay, Swami Amritanand alias Dayanand Pandey, Rakesh Dhawade, Shivnarain Singh, Jagdish Mhatre, Ajay Rahirkar and Shamlal Sahu.
They were arrested and charged in connection with the blast in Malegaon town of Maharashtra on the Sep 29 night that left six dead.
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- 11 Malegaon blast accused to be charged under MCOCA (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- ATS files charge sheet against Malegaon blast accused - Jan 20, 2009
- Court upholds charges against 11 Malegaon accused - Jan 22, 2009
- Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC brings backs MCOCA charge against Sadhvi Pragya - Jul 19, 2010
- Court upholds charges against Malegaon accused under stringent law (Lead) - Jan 22, 2009
- High court grants bail to two Malegaon blast accused - Aug 03, 2011
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- Custody of Malegaon blast accused extended - Dec 16, 2008
- Malegaon blast: Purohit's custodial interrogation put off - Mar 21, 2012
- Malegaon blast case chargesheet filed - Jan 20, 2009
- Army officer refused bail in Malegaon blast case - Nov 10, 2011