Custodial death victim died of internal injuries: AutopsyFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 1:09 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, Feb 21 (IANS) The post-mortem report of a 25-year-old man who died here in police custody Sunday says he sustained internal injuries, official sources said Tuesday, lending support to the torture allegation of victim’s family.
The post-mortem conducted by doctors here at state’s biggest government hospital, Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Government Hospital, mentioned internal injury as the prime reason for death of Santosh Daharia.
His father, Bhagwat Daharia told media persons Monday that his son was arrested Feb 14 on the charge of kidnapping a minor girl, and was tortured at Kharora police station, some 30 km from Raipur.
He had blamed police personnel deployed at Kharora for his son’s death and sought an independent probe into the matter.
But Kharora police station chief P.K. Pathak had rejected charges of torturing Santosh and said he was open to a magisterial inquiry. Pathak also refused to say as to why he didn’t allow Santosh’s relatives to meet him while he was in custody.
- Chhattisgarh Police face another charge of custodial death - Feb 20, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for youth's custodial death - Feb 22, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for custody death (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- 'Dead man' comes alive while being taken for post-mortem - May 05, 2011
- Omar speaks to Khurshid over custodial death - Oct 09, 2011
- Six cops get life term for custodial deaths in Maharashtra - Jul 06, 2012
- Alcoholic man forgets wife's last rites - Jun 26, 2010
- Priyabhanshu's father was against their marriage: Nirupama's father - May 10, 2010
- Apex court decision on Soni Sori's medical check Thursday - Oct 19, 2011
- Man dies in police custody, protestors allege torture - Sep 16, 2011
- Man lynched for killing wives - Nov 07, 2011
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Verdict in Aman Kachru's ragged-to-death case Thursday - Nov 10, 2010
- Two die in police custody, nine cops booked - Feb 16, 2010
- National Conference worker died of heart failure: Forensic report (Lead) - Oct 13, 2011
Tags: allegation, autopsy, bhimrao ambedkar, custodial death, death victim, feb 14, government hospital, hospital dr, independent probe, internal injuries, magisterial inquiry, media persons, pathak, police custody, police station, post mortem report, prime reason, relatives, santosh, station chief