Curfew in Chittorgarh after communal clashesMarch 22nd, 2008 - 8:57 pm ICT by admin
Jaipur, March 22 (IANS) Curfew was imposed Saturday afternoon in parts of Chittorgarh town in Rajasthan after clashes between two communities, the police said. Members of one community were enraged when they saw some slogans against them on a wall and started throwing stones at members of another community. In the ensuing clashes, some shops were also burnt, a senior police official said.
Curfew was imposed in most of the town - about 350 km from the state capital here - following “visible communal tension” as police efforts to bring the situation under control failed, the official said.
The police described the situation as tense but under control. There were no reports of injuries.
- Rajasthan town remains tense after clash, curfew on - Aug 17, 2012
- People clash with police, dozen injured in Kashmir town - Mar 15, 2012
- Tension spilling over to Jammu - Mar 16, 2012
- Curfew continues in Rajouri town, 20 arrested - Mar 09, 2012
- Curfew in Punjab town after rumours of Quran burning in US - Sep 13, 2010
- Day after clash, tension in Bharatpur continues - Sep 15, 2011
- Tension in Assam's Bodo areas as four bodies found, curfew imposed - Aug 05, 2012
- Curfew imposed in old Hyderabad - Apr 08, 2012
- Curfew imposed in Meghalaya - May 09, 2012
- Communal clash in UP's Faizabad, paramilitary deployed - Jul 24, 2012
- Curfew imposed in old Hyderabad (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Curfew in Madhya Pradesh town after communal clashes - Jun 07, 2010
- Official, six policemen injured in Rajasthan communal clash - Feb 26, 2012
- Curfew continues in riot-hit old Hyderabad (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Guwahati blast: 50 detained, ULFA claims responsibility - Sep 09, 2012