CRY campaign to focus on girls’ right to educationAugust 28th, 2012 - 7:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 28 (IANS) To focus on the girl child denied the basic right to education, the NGO Child Rights and You (CRY) launched a 40-day national citizen photo-journalism campaign Tuesday to highlight issues faced by girls in accessing their right to education.
The theme of the campaign is ‘Ichha: A Desire to Learn’, which represents countless girls who are denied the basic right to education.
“Click Rights for the girl child is a photo-journalism campaign through which CRY aims to address the grim reality of the status of the girl child in India, in context of her right to education,” said Atindranath Das, regional director, CRY.
The campaign will conclude with an on-ground exhibition of shortlisted pictures in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore and Chennai.
According to Das, the photographs will depict stories of girls whose desire to study has remained unfulfilled and will also mirror voices of citizens who want to bring about lasting change in the lives of children.
- CRY launches anti-child labour campaign - Jun 12, 2012
- Extend scope of RTE till 18 years: NGO - Jun 12, 2011
- Street theatre presses for child rights - Feb 05, 2012
- Two-day film fest on girl child opens in Kolkata - May 15, 2012
- 'Spontaneity in Homai Vayarawalla's work' - Jan 15, 2012
- Child labour, still a common practice in large parts of rural India - Nov 19, 2010
- 2-year-old girl abandoned in Rajasthan's Jhunjhunu - May 26, 2012
- Poverty forces Bengal mother to sell child for Rs.2000 - May 22, 2012
- No work except homework for children under 18: experts - Jun 12, 2012
- Age no bar in India when it comes to marriage! - May 16, 2011
- Empowering children to tackle their problems themselves - Nov 14, 2011
- Sex workers fight for rights at Kolkata conclave - Jul 25, 2012
- 10-year-old Vogue model gets magazine under fire - Aug 05, 2011
- Empower women, girl child for country's growth: Shabana - Sep 22, 2010
- Malaysian government and MIC's new campaign to help 'stateless Indians' - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: bangalore, chennai, citizens, desire, education, exhibition, girl child, girls, grim reality, India, mumbai delhi, national citizen, ngo, photo journalism, photographs, regional director, voices