Cruz happy to turn ugly for charactersJune 6th, 2011 - 5:30 am ICT by IANS
London, June 6 (IANS) Actress Penelope Cruz says she isn’t worried about looking bad in her movie roles and is happy to change her looks to suit her characters.
“I’m not scared to be ugly when I work. So I often ask for more moustache or black bags under my eyes,” contactmusic.com quoted Cruz as saying.
The 37-year-old also prefers to spend hours on her dialogue delivery because then she becomes less critical of herself and more open to experiments with her character.
“I love to spend hours with the dialogue coach because it creates a distance from myself. That way I don’t hear Penelope talking - I don’t criticise myself so much and have more freedom to try things.”
“My grandmother was very gypsy in her spirit and she taught me to love words, especially poetry and flamenco and music and drama,” she said.
- No crazy diets for Cruz - Jun 26, 2012
- Cruz wants to slap women who worry about getting old - May 20, 2011
- It's time to relax, says Penelope Cruz - Jun 01, 2011
- Cruz's worries make her suffer - Apr 11, 2012
- Penelope Cruz once set her hair on fire - May 05, 2011
- Jessica Biel writes poetry - Jul 31, 2012
- Being housewife best thing in world: Cruz - Jul 01, 2012
- Penelope Cruz pregnant? - Jul 13, 2012
- Penelope Cruz to make one or two films a year - Apr 11, 2012
- Haryana bureaucrats have new turn-on -- poetry, books! - Jan 17, 2012
- Cruz to receive star on Walk Of Fame - Mar 29, 2011
- Penelope is at ease with hypocondriac Woody around - Jul 02, 2012
- Penelope Cruz in Mario's avatar - Aug 17, 2012
- Monica Cruz To Act As Sister's Body Double In “Pirates Of The Carebbean” Next - Oct 13, 2010
- Penelope Cruz sings praises of motherhood - May 12, 2011