CRPF woman constable kills herselfMay 13th, 2012 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) A 27-year-old Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) woman constable killed herself her service gun in the wee hours Sunday but it is too early to classify it a suicide, police said.
Shiuli Patra, resident of West Bengal’s 24 Parganas district, shot herself around 3.45 a.m. Sunday inside CRPF’s 88 Battalion camp at Sector-8 in west Delhi’s Dwarka area.
“Police was informed about the incident around 5.30 a.m. She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead. The reason behind her extreme step is yet to be ascertained as no any suicide note was recovered from spot,” a police officer said.
She shot herself in the chest. “It is yet to ascertain whether it is an accidental death or suicide. It would be too early to say anything before post-mortem report, which is awaited,” the officer said.
Patra’s family members have been informed about the incident.
- CRPF woman constable shoots herself dead (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Woman critical after jumping off Delhi flyover - Aug 01, 2012
- Minor girl commits suicide with father's gun - Aug 22, 2012
- Congress leader dies in mysterious circumstances - Aug 10, 2012
- Couple found dead at home - Jan 27, 2012
- CRPF trooper, Maoist killed in West Bengal gun battle (Lead) - Sep 25, 2010
- Delhi police hunt for lead in teenager's murder (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- No breakthrough in Delhi teenager's murder case - Jan 03, 2011
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Student commits suicide by jumping off Metro station - Feb 15, 2011
- Haryana cop commits suicide - Apr 05, 2011
- Class 9 boy jumps off building, dies - Sep 06, 2012
- New-born girl's body found in west Delhi dump - Feb 24, 2012
- Australian tourist found dead in Jaipur hotel - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: accidental death, battalion, crpf, dwarka, extreme step, family members, nearby hospital, New Delhi, police force, police officer, post mortem report, reserve police, suicide note, wee hours, west bengal, west delhi, woman constable