CRPF man arrested for looting gold chainsMay 4th, 2012 - 12:41 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 4 (IANS) A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) head constable was arrested here after he tried to run away with three gold chains from a jewellery shop, police said Friday.
The incident took place in Sarojininagar late Thursday when head constable Dhansukh allegedly snatched the gold chains from a staff at Chandrika Jewellers and tried to run away.
The owner of the shop, Nirmala Soni, told IANS she was shocked to see the CRPF man run away with gold ornaments and she raised an alarm. Staff and passersby chased him even as police were informed.
Dhansukh, after decamping with the jewellery, took someone’s bicycle to try and escape, but police intercepted him. The gold chains were recovered and he was arrested, police said.
Senior officials of the paramilitary force were informed of the development, police said. After his arrest, he broke down and told police he had resorted to the crime to tide over financial problems.
- Rs.12 lakh jewellery stolen from Lucknow shop - May 17, 2012
- Three Russian Santas clean out jeweller's shop - Dec 29, 2011
- Two arrested for Hyderabad gold robbery - Jun 15, 2011
- Delhi man decamps with 23 kg gold in Mumbai (Lead) - Dec 11, 2010
- Jewellery worth Rs.15 million looted in Punjab - Oct 09, 2010
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Indians' black skin highlights gold jewellery: Chinese daily - Aug 28, 2012
- Indian jewellery store looted in Britain - Jun 09, 2010
- Three held for duping jeweller of Rs.1 crore - Nov 13, 2011
- Finance company office looted - May 10, 2011
- Jewellery stolen from Hindu temples recovered in Bangladesh - Feb 19, 2011
- Brit pensioner fights off 6 sledgehammer-wielding thugs with handbag - Feb 08, 2011
- 13 killed in Iraq violence - Mar 13, 2012
- Dacoity accused attempts suicide in lock-up - Jan 21, 2011
- Burglars break through shop wall, loot cash - Mar 31, 2011