Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspectorMay 17th, 2012 - 12:03 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 17 (IANS) In yet another evidence of the rampant criminalisation of Uttar Pradesh and their brazen functioning, suspected criminals ran a truck over a police sub-inspector in Deoria district, killing him and critically injuring a police constable, police said.
The incident took place late Wednesday night when a small police team was checking vehicles near the Phulwaria Chauraha in Deoria district, some 290 km from here.
According to police, Sub-Inspector Uday Pratap Singh while checking vehicles got suspicious on a truck and signalled the driver to slow down. The driver, however increased the speed of the vehicle and ran over the sub-inspector. Another cop standing on the road was also hit.
The truck, which was going from Salempur to Bihar, sped away. The injured sub-inspector and the constable were rushed to a nearby medical facility, Station Officer Bhatparrani Gopal Tripathi told IANS.
Instructions were issued to forward posts on the border to intercept the truck and arrest the driver. The truck driver however has crossed over to Bihar, Tripathi added.
Officials also have begun exploring on the apparent ‘consignment’ the truck was carrying that triggered panic and killing of the cop.
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Four Delhi Police personnel injured in accident - Apr 08, 2012
- Child killed as school bus overturns in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 31, 2010
- Four BSF officers killed in Maoist blast (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Police officer shot, critical - Aug 25, 2010
- Car hits police van, three hurt - Jan 01, 2012
- Youth shoots at cops inside Kanpur police station - Mar 30, 2012
- Kashmir minister's guards held for assaulting traffic cop - Sep 11, 2012
- Two CRPF sub-inspectors killed in Dantewada road mishap - Mar 26, 2011
- Three policemen killed in West Bengal road accident - Mar 02, 2010
- Delhi Police officer killed in road accident - Apr 29, 2011
- Three cops thrashed in Greater Noida - Sep 04, 2010
- Maoists blow up police vehicle in Chhattisgarh - May 10, 2011
- Bihar gets its first all-women police station - Jan 23, 2012