Criminal killed in Noida shootoutFebruary 4th, 2009 - 12:57 am ICT by IANS
Noida, Feb 3 (IANS) A notorious criminal has been killed in a shootout with the Noida police, officials said Tuesday. Nawal Bihari, a 32-year-old who came from Palamu, Jharkhand, and was staying at Lal Kuan in Ghaziabad, was shot dead Monday night, the police said. He had 15 criminal cases registered against him and was alleged to be a member of the Sundar Bhati gang.
The Noida police said in a statement that a team had followed Nawal Bihari after Moser Baer and Samsung India officials complained about his extortion demands.
As he reached near Kakrala village along with three men, the police asked him to stop but he tried to flee, the police said.
When the police chased him, the four people fired, leading to the shootout. While Nawal Bihari was killed on the spot, his three accomplices managed to flee, the police said.
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- Gangster's accomplice killed in Bangalore gun battle - Sep 26, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh minister's kin arrested - Jul 07, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Two held for bid to abduct doctor - Dec 08, 2011
- Girl gang raped in basement of Ghaziabad mall - May 04, 2012
- Student leads gang of auto thieves - Jun 02, 2012
- Two held for Uttar Pradesh cop's killing - Oct 27, 2011
- Criminal carrying Rs.50,000 reward killed in Noida - Apr 12, 2010
- Two held for killing techie in Greater Noida - Aug 21, 2010
- Extortionist held in Delhi - Jun 25, 2012