Criminal killed in gun battle with police in HaryanaJuly 4th, 2012 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 4 (IANS) A hardcore criminal was killed Wednesday in a gun battle with police in Haryana, a police official said.
Virender alias Kala from Mandi village in Haryana’s Jind district was killed in a retaliatory firing by a police team at Dhankot village, about 10 km from here, after a failed attempt to escape.
“We reached the village after receiving an information about two suspicious looking men. On seeing the police, they tried to escape on a motorcycle without a number plate, but Virender fell down and opened fire on us,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Vikas Dhankar told IANS.
Virender was killed in the retaliatory firing, while his partner on the motorbike managed to escape, Dhankar added.
- Wanted gangster killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 31, 2011
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Acid attack on woman volleyball player in Haryana - May 26, 2012
- Scrap dealer shot dead in busy Chandigarh market - Jul 19, 2011
- Police told to produce missing man or his body - Aug 04, 2012
- Criminal gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - May 23, 2011
- Chain snatcher shot dead in Noida, accomplice escapes - Jan 27, 2011
- Mother who killed kids to elope arrested - Sep 05, 2010
- Three Bodo militants killed in Assam - Jul 13, 2012
- Murder accused flees Haryana jail, nabbed in Delhi - May 09, 2012
- Kurukshetra University president's killer held in Gurgaon - Apr 05, 2012
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Hostage killed before cops gun down two gangsters - Jan 18, 2011
- Haryana honour killing: Man shoots brother-in-law - Nov 12, 2010
- Two arrested for honour killing in Haryana - Nov 28, 2010