Crimes against women on steep rise in KeralaMarch 5th, 2008 - 12:23 am ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, March 4 (IANS) The state Economic Review released here Tuesday showed that atrocities against women has increased in Kerala by a whopping 338.40 percent in the 15-year period starting 1992. The total number of crimes against children went up from 386 cases in 2005 to 553 in 2006.
If the total number of atrocities against women were 2,078 in 1992, it rose to 9,110 in 2006.
What is more startling is that the number of rape cases went up from 227 to 601 and molestation cases rose from 523 to 2,543.
The number of kidnappings of women went up from 86 to 202.
Likewise, cruelty by husband or relatives to wife or women also showed a steep increase from 290 to 3,708 cases.
A record number of 51 children were murdered in 2006, while 219 rape cases were registered as compared to 140 in 2005.
Kidnappings of children showed a steep increase from 45 in 2005 to 73 in 2006.
- Crime against children rising in the country - Aug 08, 2012
- Crime against women on the rise in Bihar, says report - Jun 14, 2009
- Sri Lanka records rise in rapes of children - Jul 05, 2012
- All 269 guilty in Vachathi mass rape, assault case - Sep 29, 2011
- Delhi's monthly per capita expenditure zooms - Feb 16, 2012
- NHRC concerned over crime against women in Assam - May 29, 2012
- India sees 7.6 percent rise in crimes against children - Jan 21, 2011
- Crime against senior citizens rising - Aug 30, 2011
- How barbaric is Pakistani society, wonders daily - Oct 17, 2011
- Tamil Nadu cops face sexual assault probe - Nov 28, 2011
- Dip in AIDS deaths: UN report (Dec 1 is World AIDS Day) - Nov 30, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh solatium for Tamil Nadu women raped by cops - Nov 29, 2011
- Crimes against women up by 18 percent in Pakistan - Aug 06, 2011
- Women protest atrocities in Uttar Pradesh, caned by police - Feb 16, 2010
- Crimes against women rise; 25 percent of rapes in Delhi - Jan 21, 2011