‘Crime figure rising but Uttar Pradesh police becoming people friendly’May 31st, 2009 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, May 31 (IANS) Admitting that the rise in crime figures in Ghaziabad was “not a good sign”, a senior official of the Uttar Pradesh Police Sunday claimed that the force had also become more public friendly and was registering more cases than earlier.
In 2007, a total of 19 robbery cases were registered in Ghaziabad, while in 2008, the figure was 16. This year (2009) since January 1, a total of 214 robbery cases have been registered.
Similarly, as many as 51 burglary cases were registered in 2008 while in 2009 so far, 114 cases have been registered. As many as 505 cases of auto theft were registered in 2008 while this figure has already reached 1,005 in 2009, Uttar Pradesh Additional Director General (ADG) Brij Lal told mediapersons here.
“It is not a good sign. The increase in crime figures is a natural phenomenon with the sharp increase in population. Therefore, the state has given clear directions to its police heads to come forward more openly not only in registration of cases but also to be more interactive with the public and its representatives,” Lal said.
The Noida crime figures and cases registered showed a marginal increase in 2009.
- Ghaziabad cops promise e-filing; say crime dipped in 2010 - Jan 10, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh records 42 staged shoouts - Apr 24, 2012
- Aarushi murder scene photos flawed: Defence - Jul 02, 2012
- Aarushi murder: CBI says defence tampered with evidence - Jul 10, 2012
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- India sees 7.6 percent rise in crimes against children - Jan 21, 2011
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Cyber crimes on steep rise - Jan 21, 2011
- Delhi Police, the third most complained against in India - Jan 21, 2011
- CBI presents witnesses against Talwars (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Crime against children rising in the country - Aug 08, 2012
- Ex-cop talks of bid to doctor Aarushi's autopsy report - Aug 30, 2012
- Aarushi murder closure report to be heard Jan 7 - Jan 03, 2011
- Doctor robbed of car, cash in Greater Noida - Jan 06, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012