Cricketer Sourav Ganguly bats for Nano projectSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 2 (IANS) Former Indian cricket skipper Sourav Ganguly Tuesday batted for the Tata Nano factory at Singur, saying the project would revolutionise the industrial prospects of West Bengal. “The starting of the Nano Project will be a beginning of an era in West Bengal which will completely revolutionise the prospect of the state and the future of the youth,” Ganguly said in a statement.
“The brand Tatas will turn Singur into another Jamshedpur. So let us support the cause of Tatas and the industry to create the future for all of us,” said the talismanic southpaw.
“If this project goes elsewhere, the state will become a dark spot. It is the time for us to stand up (for it),” he said.
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Tata's Nano project (Lead) - Sep 02, 2008
- Ganguly bats for Nano, sees state's future in it (Second Lead) - Sep 02, 2008
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Nano, sees state's future in it (Third Lead) - Sep 02, 2008
- Ganguly calls for support to TATAs Nano project - Sep 02, 2008
- Bhattacharjee welcomes mediator in Singur impasse (Second Lead) - Sep 02, 2008
- Sourav Ganguly appeals to Tata to produce Nano at Singur - Oct 02, 2008
- Assocham for state's role in land acquisition for industry - Oct 09, 2011
- West Bengal moves apex court on Singur land law - Aug 07, 2012
- Bengal to acquire 400 acres at Singur to return to farmers - Jun 09, 2011
- Mamata buckles under anti-land acquisition stir, cancels Sankarail project (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- CPI-M mocks Mamata's industrial revolution remark - Nov 01, 2011
- West Bengal minister visits Singur site - May 31, 2011
- Mamata government tables Singur bill - Jun 14, 2011
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- SC notice to Tata Motors on Singur land (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012