Cricket fever catches on in GoaMay 3rd, 2008 - 6:33 pm ICT by admin
Panaji, May 3 (IANS) It’s cricket with a difference. The teams, who sometimes bowl short to one another, supposedly having an antagonistic relationship in their world of work, are carrying over their rivalry to the pitch. In a two-day triangular cricket tournament that began here Saturday, journalists, bureaucrats and legislators face one another at the Panjim Gymkhana and Sports Authority of Goa grounds.
“All the three teams are well balanced and some players representing the teams are cricketers who donned the national colour at Ranji Trophy, while the others represented their local clubs,” an official release from Department of Information said.
The teams will be sweating it out in peak summer, with current highs of 34 degrees Celsius being worsened by 91 percent humidity.
The legislators’ team has Chief Minister Digambar Kamat and Finance Minister Dayanand Narvekar.
- Now GCA president Narvekar accused of rigging pitch in Ranji match - Nov 17, 2011
- Goa mining scam worth Rs.10,000 crore: Congress legislator - Sep 17, 2011
- Goa cricket chief evasive over match-fixing angle - Nov 09, 2011
- Ore being illegally exported through Goa, claims legislator - Mar 16, 2011
- Goa cricket officials interfering in U-19 selection: Coach - Dec 07, 2011
- Congress candidate to be booked for giving away cricket kits - Jan 23, 2012
- Goa mining scam: Ruling NCP demands thorough probe - Sep 24, 2011
- Goa cricket body expels former head's son for six years - Jun 25, 2012
- Goa Congress candidate being probed for model code violation - Jan 09, 2012
- Goa has failed to keep promises, says Congress official - Apr 01, 2011
- Will Congress do a Yeddyurappa with Goa's Kamat? (Letter from Goa) - Sep 21, 2011
- Goa cricket chief fined, faces FIR for forgery (Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- Whistleblower blames Goa government of victimisation - Apr 15, 2011
- Cricket board officials covered up forgery: GCA member - Dec 25, 2010
- Kamat slammed for failure to rein in drug mafia - Jul 29, 2010