Creative heads to exchange views, plan innovations in GoaAugust 30th, 2008 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Aug 30 (IANS) Goa is getting set to host a major design meet Sep 13-15, which aims to offer a platform for designers and people involved in creative industries to exchange ideas, share knowledge and create new innovations.Organisers of the event called Kyoorius Designyatra have packaged it as a visual communications event guided by top designers and creative heads from various creative fields.
The programme held here will include a design conference, bringing in presentations by prominent global practitioners in the fields of design, web, branding and marketing. There will also be workshops and panel discussions.
“Visual communications is a changing landscape. The future of this business points towards a multidisciplinary approach to design - the leaders will be those who are able to communicate across several media to best achieve predefined objectives. Some call this 360 degrees marketing. Others, total branding,” said an organiser.
The stress is on the need for designers who “embrace the challenges of discovery and the rewards of helping clients, both old and new, communicate in the brave new world of cross-media”.
This includes design for websites, video and television, as well as tradeshows, products and print. Interestingly, India is very much still considered a specialist market. A graphic designer designs for print, a photographer photographs, an illustrator illustrates. When it involves the web, an interactive team is then hauled in to complete the task.
When a brochure is required, a designer is called to take up the task. It is possible for creatives to survive working in isolation within the context of their individual skill tasks and specialization.
Organisers said they hoped to see more open sharing between studios, not just in the same areas of specialization, but also across disciplines.
Some of the big names taking part in the event include Paul Belford (This is Real Art), Richard Bullock (180 Amsterdam), Patrick Burgoyne (Creative Review), Tyler Brule (Monocle & Winkreative), and Ashish and Ashwini Deshpande (Elephant Strategy + Design).
Others slated as speakers are Kenya Hara (Nippon Design Center), Erik Kessels (Kesselskramer), Peter Kersten (BNO), Nicolas Roope (Poke), Eric Scott (Saffron Brand Consultants), Paula Scher (Pentagram) Preeti Vyas (Vyas Giannetti Creative) and Michael Wolff (Michael Wolff & Company).
Wolff is the co-founder of Wolff-Olins, the influential British branding consultancy. He is widely acknowledged as one of the most experienced practitioners of corporate identity and branding, and a joint recipient (with Wally Olins) of the D&AD President’s Award in 2003.
Scher has been at the forefront of graphic design. Her successful graphic identities for Public Theater, Citibank and Tiffany & Co. have become case studies for contemporary branding.
Bullock is the joint executive creative director at 180 Amsterdam. He is famously known for his award-winning work on the Adidas account, which resulted in Adidas receiving the prestigious ‘Advertiser of the Year’ award at the 2006 Cannes Festival.
Belford is one of the most awarded art directors in the world, while Brule launched Wallpaper magazine in 1996, a title which became an instant publishing success and part of the cultural vernacular.
The Deshpandes are both founders, directors and principal designers at Elephant. Set up in 1989, it is widely recognized as the pioneering innovative multi-disciplinary design practice from India with work spread across more than 80 countries.
Vyas of Vyas Giannetti Creative is considered among the top three most influential women in advertising and has also been one of the strongest advocate for introducing design into advertising.
Workshops at Designyatra 2008 will include ones on digital campaigns, magazine design, discussions on branding, art direction and mixed communication.
- Glenmorangie collaborates with Dilip Chhabaria - Sep 20, 2012
- Glenmorangie collaborates with Dilip Chhabria (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Hero Honda hires global brand specialist Wolff Olins - Mar 10, 2011
- Amrapali Jewels nominated for global honour - May 11, 2012
- In 50th year,NID plans inclusive, green design modules - Jun 25, 2010
- IOC chief dismisses Iran claim that London Olympics logo is racist - Mar 02, 2011
- Mumbai to host design conference - Aug 29, 2010
- India gets its first creative design fest March 2-10 - Feb 17, 2012
- Corporate backing must for fashion brands: Designers - Apr 04, 2012
- Changing world of typography to meet fine print at exhibition (With Images) - Feb 14, 2010
- Bulgaria opens consulate in Hyderabad - Apr 20, 2012
- Stella McCartney opens her first Adidas store - May 30, 2012
- Making an art of everyday types and signs (With Image) - Feb 19, 2010
- Anne Frank's graphic biography to tell her story in a new way - Jul 10, 2010
- Fairytale, poetry, horror in Tarun Jung Rawat's art (With Images) - Apr 25, 2010