Crash will not affect Hyderabad air show: Minister (Lead)March 3rd, 2010 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 3 (IANS) Terming the crash of a naval aircraft here during an international civil aviation exhibition as “unfortunate”, Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel Wednesday said the tragedy will not affect the event in any way.
“These kinds of mishaps have happened during such events in the past the world over. It is very unfortunate but I don’t think this (aircraft crash) will any way hamper or effect the event,” the minister told IANS.
Commander S.K. Maurya, 39, and Lt. Commander Rahul Nair, 34, died when their HJT-16 Kiran Mk II trainer crashed shortly before noon in the thickly populated Bowenpally locality near the old Begumpet Airport in the city’s heart.
According to a civil aviation ministry official, there were five such crashes during air shows in the world last year. Similarly, there were four such crashes during air shows in 2008 and seven in 2007.
The IAF’s Suryakiran Aerial Display Team (SKAT), which also flies the Kiran Mk-II aircraft crashed Jan 21 this year, killing the pilot.
Another Surya Kiran aircraft crashed March 18, 2006, near its home base in Bidar in Karnataka during a training sortie killing two pilots.
- Air crash will not affect Hyderabad air show: minister - Mar 03, 2010
- Surya Kiran aerobatics team to take to skies again - Oct 08, 2011
- Hyderabad air crash probe begins - Mar 04, 2010
- Two pilots die as navy plane crashes during aerobatics (Roundup) - Mar 03, 2010
- Two killed as naval plane crashes into Hyderabad building (Fifth Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Indian aerobatics teams enjoy good safety record (Comment) - Mar 14, 2010
- Pilot, co-pilot dead after Navy jet crashes into a building in southern India - Mar 03, 2010
- Second air disaster in Hyderabad in less than two years - Mar 03, 2010
- Two pilots killed in Begumpet naval aircraft crash - Mar 03, 2010
- Probe ordered into naval aircraft crash - Mar 03, 2010
- Pilot killed in Begumpet naval aircraft crash - Mar 03, 2010
- Two killed as naval aircraft crashes into Hyderabad building (Fourth Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- IAF''s Surya Kiran pilot killed in air crash in Karnataka - Jan 21, 2009
- Navy aircraft crashes into Hyderabad building, two killed (Third Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- IAF pilot killed in Surya Kiran plane crash - Jan 21, 2009
Tags: aircraft crash, begumpet airport, bidar, civil aviation ministry, hamper, hjt, international civil aviation, jan 21, karnataka, locality, lt commander, maurya, ministry official, mishaps, mk ii, nair, naval aircraft, praful patel, rahul, surya kiran