CPI-M predicts tough electoral battle in West BengalJanuary 17th, 2009 - 11:31 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 17 (IANS) Admitting that the coming Lok Sabha battle will be tough, the Communist Party of India - Marxist (CPI-M), the leading party in West Bengal’s ruling Left Front (LF), Saturday alleged that all opposition political forces in the state including the separatist elements, Maoists and right-wing parties have joined hands to defeat the front.Resolving that the LF would contest the election together, the CPI-M asked its cadre to strengthen the organisation at the booth level across the state.
A press statement, issued by the party’s state committee here after a two-day meeting, said: “All opposition political forces - including separatist forces, Maoists and rightist elements - are working together in the state. It (the Lok Sabha election) will be a tough battle for us.”
“The party has also instructed (the cadre) to strengthen the organisation at all the 51,919 booths across the state before the coming LS poll,” it added.
The state committee meeting started Friday at the party’s state headquarters on Alimuddin Street.
The statement also criticised the attempt to divide West Bengal into several parts and asked the party workers to mobilise people at the grass roots to thwart any such move.
- Bengal's 'red fort' faces challenge as voting begins Monday - Apr 17, 2011
- Buddhadeb criticizes Trinamool Congress for not helping in combating Maoists - Apr 10, 2011
- Campaigning gains momentum in poll-bound West Bengal - Apr 16, 2011
- Security beefed up ahead of first phase of West Bengal assembly polls - Apr 17, 2011
- CPI-M killing people in name of Maoists: Mamata - Oct 23, 2010
- Buddhadeb admits mistakes, asks cadres to shun arrogance - Feb 13, 2011
- Veteran roots for beleaguered Left Front - Apr 17, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi slams Communist 'misrule' in West Bengal - Apr 14, 2011
- LF uses Chakraborty's memorial meeting to lift cadres' sagging morale - Aug 15, 2009
- Left Front constituents demand new leadership (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- We are under attack in West Bengal, says CPI-M resolution - Aug 07, 2010
- No end to political killings in West Bengal - Jan 31, 2010
- CPI-M blasts Chidambaram for attacking Left Front - Apr 26, 2011
- Somnath Chatterjee campaigns for CPI-M, attacks PM - Apr 24, 2011
- Gadkari predicts non-Congress government in Assam - Apr 15, 2011