CPI-M in talks with regional parties to form anti-Congress allianceOctober 12th, 2008 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 12 (IANS) The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) is in talks with a number of regional parties to form a non-Congress secular front at the national level, politburo member Sitaram Yechury said here Sunday.“The discussion has just begun on how to form a non-Congress secular alliance at the centre by tying up with the regional parties. So far nothing’s been finalised but hopefully we’ll let you know about the details after the (three-day) central committee meeting here,” Yechury told reporters after emerging from the meeting, which began here Sunday.
He said: “We’re not in a position to share the details of the (central committee) meeting. But many things are being taken into consideration, including with which political parties we can form an alliance.
“So far we have not arrived at any conclusion about the non-Congress secular political coalition. But our efforts are on.”
Talking about the incidents of communal violence in many states in recent weeks, he said CPI-M would continue its uncompromising struggle against communalism, as it considered that as its primary task.
- CPI-M discusses Third Front against Congress (Lead) - Mar 25, 2010
- Rout in Bengal, out in Kerala - Left struggles for survival - May 13, 2011
- West Bengal opted for change: Sitaram Yechury (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- CPI-M discusses possible Third Front against Congress - Mar 25, 2010
- Kerala CPI-M in tight spot over murder probe - Sep 09, 2012
- US deploying forces in Indian Ocean to take on China: Yechury - Sep 01, 2012
- Congress seems ahead in presidential sweepstakes, BJP stuck - May 03, 2012
- Maoists have links with Trinamool Congress: Yechury - Jan 06, 2011
- CPI-M in wait and see mode for 2014 allies - Jan 20, 2012
- CPI-M politburo meets to discuss poll debacle - Jun 10, 2011
- CPI-M begins introspection on poll debacle (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- CPI-M's Bengal conference to discuss poll debacle - Feb 15, 2012
- CPI-M expels 570 cadres in Tripura - Jan 15, 2012
- OK if Somnath campaigns for CPI-M, says Yechury - Apr 15, 2011
- West Bengal opted for change: Sitaram Yechury - May 13, 2011