CPI-M holds RSS responsible for Andhra Pradesh killingOctober 12th, 2008 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 12 (IANS) Condemning the killing of six members of a family at Bhaisha town in Andhra Pradesh’s Adilabad district, the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Sunday held the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) responsible for the massacre.”The RSS and communal elements provoked trouble while a Dussehra procession was being taken out. It is surprising that the attack on the house has taken place even after curfew was imposed,” the CPI-M central committee said in a statement here.
Six members of the family, including three children, were burnt alive in the early hours of Sunday in a fresh communal flare-up in the district.
The CPI-M alleged that the police and the district administration did not act firmly against the culprits responsible for the communal violence.
Demanding immediate action to protect the interests of the minorities, the central committee suggested that adequate compensation be given to those affected by the communal violence in Adilabad district.
“This incident underlines the necessity to take firm action against all the communal forces and organisations which are stoking violence in different parts of the country,” the CPI-M statement said.
“This killing is the latest act of violence in the town which has altogether seen ten people dead in the last 48 hours,” it said.
A three-day session of the CPI-M central committee began here Sunday.
- Two Bengal CPI-M leaders killed, Left blames Trinamool (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Leave politics to politicians, Khurshid advises Anna - Oct 08, 2011
- Pursue 'Hindutva terror' cases on fast track: CPI-M - Jul 11, 2010
- Two Bengal CPI-M leaders killed, Mamata terms it infighting (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Mathura tense, two dead - Jun 02, 2012
- Maoists using CPI-M guns to kill: Mamata - Sep 20, 2011
- The killing fields of Kerala - Jun 01, 2012
- Ensure safety of Sri Lankans in India: Amnesty - Sep 06, 2012
- Will take steps to regain people's support: CPI-M (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- Will act if murder link proved: CPI-M - Jun 11, 2012
- CPI-M fumes at denial of site in Agartala for rally - Jan 28, 2012
- Maoism, terrorism, fundamentalism serious challenges: PM (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Deal firmly with terrorists, says CPI-M - Dec 08, 2010
- Telangana shutdown hits life in region (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Apex court to hear Sanjiv Bhatt's plea Nov 18 (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011