CPI-M flays minister for rail accidentsJune 1st, 2012 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) The CPI-M Friday blamed Railway Minister Mukul Roy for the increasing number of railway accidents and said he appeared to be more engrossed in Trinamool rather than official work.
After detailing the number of accidents in recent times, the Communist Party of India-Marxist said in a statement: “The responsibility for this shocking state of affairs lies with Roy.
“He seems more preoccupied with the Trinamool Congress affairs and assignments in West Bengal.”
It urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh not to “ignore the dereliction of duty by the railway minister and remain a hapless spectator”.
In the latest accident Thursday, the Howrah-Dehradun Express derailed in Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh killing five people.
On May 22, the Hampi Express rammed into a goods train killing 25 passengers. On May 6, six coaches of the Ferozpur-Punjab Mail derailed in Rohtak.
It said “the talk of sabotage by the railway minister and (West Bengal Chief Minister) Mamata Banerjee cannot hide the fact that the railways are in a poor state with elementary safety standards being neglected”.
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- Three dead as Doon Express derails, Mamata hints at sabotage (Third Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Dehradun-Howrah Express derails in Uttar Pradesh - May 31, 2012
- Doon Express derailment: Mamata wants high-level probe - May 31, 2012
- Two train accidents injure 21 - Nov 23, 2011
- Ignoring PM directive, Mukul Roy leaves for Junglemahal - Jul 12, 2011
- Opposition slams government over 'political vacuum' in rail ministry (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Sabotage caused Gyaneshwari derailment: Minister - Jul 29, 2010
- Doctor couple among train fire victims - Nov 23, 2011
- Government ignoring railway ministry, says opposition (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- Train fire accident to be probed - Nov 22, 2011
- Political blame game begins over West Bengal rail accident - Jul 19, 2010
- Mamata U-turn: Blames CPI-M for Gyaneshwari train tragedy - Feb 19, 2012
- Three dead as Doon Express derails in UP (Lead) - May 31, 2012
Tags: chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, dereliction of duty, hampi, howrah, jaunpur, mamata, manmohan, manmohan singh, mukul, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rail accidents, railway accidents, railway minister, rohtak, safety standards, trinamool congress, west bengal