CPI-M attacks Hillary’s Kolkata visitMay 7th, 2012 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 7 (IANS) The Communist Party of India-Marxist Monday termed the visit of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as a bid by the US to “harvest fruits” of West Bengal’s Mamata Banerjee regime, a leader they had cultivated in the past when she was in the opposition.
“They (US) had cultivated her (Banerjee) once. Now they have come to harvest the fruits of the regime,” said Mohammed Salim, central committee member, CPI-M.
Students’ Federation of India - the students’ arm of CPI-M - took out a rally in Kolkata in protest against Hillary’s visit to the city.
Clinton paid a two-day visit to the state, the high point of which was a nearly hour-long meeting with Banerjee Monday.
- Don't succumb to US on retail trade: CPI-M - May 07, 2012
- Trinamool opposition to FDI not ideological: CPI-M - Aug 25, 2012
- Living in hospital so wife can be on duty: former CPI-M MP - Jul 01, 2011
- Former CPI-M lawmaker meets Mamata, wants to join Trinamool - May 19, 2011
- Mamata's not going to Dhaka a gimmick: Left - Sep 05, 2011
- CPI-M says it is not a one-man party - Apr 13, 2011
- Anil Basu warned for using obscene language - May 11, 2011
- Trinamool's opposition to anti-terror body is political posturing: CPI-M - Feb 18, 2012
- Tagore's works among Mamata's gifts for Hillary - May 06, 2012
- India's Look East policy essential: Clinton - May 07, 2012
- Trinamool holds rally with supporter's corpse - Dec 20, 2010
- Left has miles to go to regain lost ground (One year of Mamata Banerjee) - May 17, 2012
- Darjeeling accord an alarm signal: CPI-M - Jul 17, 2011
- Buddhadeb slams Mamata for inviting Obama - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Learn to hate' CPI-M, says Trinamool minister - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: central committee member, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, fruits, high point, hillary clinton, kolkata, mamata banerjee, mohammed, opposition, protest, rally, regime, salim, secretary of state, us secretary of state, west bengal